Jaguar XF 2.0D


We are with the Jaguar XF at Spain. I have come to Pamplona city, which is situated at the north of Spain to drive this brand new XF. When you look at the XF, you see a one-to-one model rival to the Audi A, BMW Series and the Mercedes E Class. If I were to start briefly from the design of the new XF, I can say that this car appears to be more dynamic and sportive than its rivals in this class. When you look at this car from the front, to begin with the slanty-eyed headlamps manifest itself. Further more the bumper with wide air intake has a share in the sportive outlook when observed from the front. Due to the shoulder line that starts from the headlamps up to the end of the car and the wide axle span the XF looks exceedingly majestic and big from the side. As to the rear, the taillights that have been taken from Jaguar’s family sport model F-type, in my opinion have a share in distinguishing the XF from the rear. When you enter into the XF, just as the exterior you come upon sportive and also premium cockpit. I can say that in here the factor that emphasizes the sportiveness is the outwardly offset steering wheel. It fits to the hand well and looks sportive with its prominent structure. When you start the car by pressing the button on the centre console, the A/C ventilation panels situated on the right and on the left of the console opens and at the same time gear selection button comes out and rises and succeeds to impress the ones who got in it for the first time. The quality of the materials used and the workmanship is very good, besides we are all in all are talking about the Jaguar and it is not right even to think about those to be lowly. In here due to the console being covered with leather and stitched with light color and the jet black covering the quality perception increases. The last things I can say about the front are that the seats are comfortable and there is a lidded cubicle where you can put your small items and there is an armrest. At the rear knee and headroom is offered that will easily satisfy the class standards. As a matter of fact, as far as I can remember, I can say that the knee room offered here is better than the Series. Apart from satisfying the expectations in the living areas, in my opinion the XF also satisfy the class expectations all the way by its big boot. Let us consider the engine and the driving features of the XF. As a matter of fact, the XF is sold in Europe with many different engine alternatives. But as you know, due to high taxation in our country, it will only be sold with . liters diesel engine. At the moment it is foreseen to be sold about the end of October from thousand Euro starting prices. Ok what does the . liters diesel engine gives to us I shall briefly mention. This diesel engine develops HP and quite high Nm of torque. This engine will only be purchased with -speed ZF automatic gearbox in our country. In my opinion these technical values, which are very high, possesses features to please the driver at everyday use all the way. Let me put it this way, due to the very high Nm of torque value, you feel under your foot the power that you can accelerate any time you want. The HP is not hard put to move the . tons body and you are able to reach the speeds you want with ease. The -speed ZF gearbox works with this engine in harmony Further more you can command the gears from the pedals behind the steering manually. This engine in harmony with this body ensures you to travel silently and in comfort. Let us consider the fuel consumption. I have been driving this car around Pamplona approximately for kilometers and at the moment the trip computer indicates . liters fuel consumption averages. This value, as always, may come high to your ear at the beginning but I should point out that I have been driving this car for or hours and covered very little kilometers. By the way, you should know that I have accelerated, slowed down and tried these at the highway so it is not a real value. Therefore if you want to economize you can bring this value, may be not as much as the factory values, down. I have told you that you can travel with XF in comfort. Ok what waits you on road handling? To tell the truth, on the route that I covered and on curvy roads the car did not evoke any deficiency... Naturally, to be able to understand its best behavior one should take this car to the track. Let’s see what this car can do on the track together. Here we are at the Navarra Track at the moment and I am in the most powerful version of the Jaguar XF. This V supercharged liters petrol engine develops exactly HP and Nm of torque. And just as in the car I have previously tested it has -speed ZF automatic gearbox. Naturally, the most powerful version has -wheel drive system. And now we will see what this car can do on the track. First of all I should tell you that the engine is very lively. Whatever order I give to the pedal under my foot I received my answer. It is the same with the breaks, look at this moment I have applied the brake, I came down to the third gear and am entering a bend. The steering also answered me accordingly. We have come to another bend, we are down to third gear, we see that this is also another tight corner we have passed it very well. As a matter of fact they have told me that the suspension and also the steering have been so much improved that it is exceedingly dynamic. In other words, I shall speak openly that I was not expecting this kind of performance from this size car of this class at this track environment. I can say that I am impressed. Again I applied the breaks, look it is a great break... Yes, we are at the main straight, this supercharged engine likes revolution too, we are on fifth gear and driving at km/h, km/h, km/h I am entering the bend without taking my foot at all, break. Great... Really, you do not expect this from the car this size. The car handles very well. As I said in the beginning, it is not easy to test the car like this on normal roads, and see the dynamics. But I can say that the XF is very dynamic on the track. At the end, if in this class you are looking for a handsome, attractive car with dynamic driving features and attention grabbing design, I can say that you should definitely analyze the XF.
Blogger
Disqus

No comments